Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
Last item for navigation
Traffic Accident

Should someone require immediate assistance, dial 911.

Steps to Take After a Collision

The Highway Traffic Act of Prince Edward Island requires that all collisions involving injury or death or where the damage apparently exceeds $2,000 (combined) need to be reported to police.

The collision must also be reported where there is damage to highway property or when the collision involves a hit and run.

If nobody is seriously injured, call the Summerside Police Station at 902-432-1201.

In cases where the collision involves two vehicles, make sure to exchange information with the other driver(s). Collect information such as:

  • insurance information
  • names, home/business phone numbers
  • vehicle information
  • any witness names and contact information

For more information, please contact:

Cpl. Jason Blacquiere
Summerside Police Service, 270 Foundry St., Summerside, PE  C1N 1G1

Related External Links

Highway Traffic Act of PEI

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.