Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
Last item for navigation
Connecting, Changing or Disconnecting


Connecting Electricity

Are you connecting power to a newly constructed business? The following are questions you’ll need answers to before connecting your electrical service:

  • Do you understand the building permit process? If not, contact the Technical Services Department (902-432-1262) If so, what is your building permit number?
  • Do you currently have power service with Summerside Electric?
  • What name should the electricity go in?
  • Who will be paying the utility charges?
  • Who is your electrician?
  • What is the physical location of the service?
  • Is the lot staked where the building will be?
  • Will you need both temporary and permanent service?
  • What type of service are you setting up today?
  • Are you going to have electric heat? 100 or 200 amp service? Single or 3 phase?
  • Are you having overhead or underground power lines?

To apply for an account with Summerside Electric visit our Financial Services Department at 275 Fitzroy Street (1st Floor).

Changing or Disconnecting Electricity

To transfer your electricity, we require a minimum of 72 hours notice. You must visit us in person to change your electricity service address. We are located at 275 Fitzroy Street (1st Floor), Summerside. Please note, there is a fee for changing your electricity service address.

To disconnect your Summerside Electric account, please contact us with your account number.

Water & Sewer

Connecting Water & Sewer

The City of Summerside requires all commercial buildings to be equipped with a water meter. Water meters are provided to commercial customers by the City at no additional expense. We suggest that you hire a professional plumber to install your water meter. We also suggest that you have the plumber install a remote meter reading terminal so our meter reader can obtain your readings without entering your building.

The installation of underground piping in the case of commercial developments is paid for by the customer.

The first turn-on after construction must be scheduled through our Financial Department (902-432-1230) and you will be required to provide a copy of your plumbing permit. At least two working days’ notice is required to book a water turn-on.

To disconnect your Water and Sewer services, contact the City of Summerside’s Financial Service department at 902-432-1230 or visit in person, at the first floor of City Hall.

For information about connecting, changing, or disconnecting your utilities, contact:  

City of Summerside, 275 Fitzroy Street, Summerside PE C1N 1H9

Related City Documents:

How to Read your Utility Bill
How to Read a Meter
Electric Rates, Schedule and Policy Manual

Current Summerside Electric Rates:
Effective May 1, 2023
Effective May 1, 2023 (ETS Program)

Related External Links:

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.