Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
Last item for navigation
Development Permit

Development permits allow us to protect the interests of property owners and the community as a whole. By reviewing and approving plans before any work is carried out, we can ensure the development complies with City bylaws

Development permits are required for:

  • the construction, erection, or placement of any building and/or structure on lands
  • the excavation of soils for buildings and land filling
  • changes in the nature, scale, or intensity of uses of any building/lands/subdivision
  • construction of a parking lot or regrading of property

Development permits are also issued for commercial and temporary signage and seasonal buildings in the form of a building permit.

Contact 902-432-1270 if you have any questions about when a development permit may be required.

You can get an application for a development permit from us on the 3rd floor at City Hall, 275 Fitzroy Street, or you may complete the electronic version at the bottom of this page.

We recommend speaking with City staff before you apply. They can discuss with you what information, drawings, and plans you'll have to include with the application and whether you'll need any other permits or approvals.

Incomplete applications or plans will delay the permit application review and the issuance of a permit.

Please note that permit applications are submitted to the City and not to the provincial government.

To see the fees for various development permits issued through the City, see below.

For more information on development permits, please contact:

Linda Stevenson
[email protected]
City of Summerside, 275 Fitzroy Street, Summerside, PE Canada

Related City Documents

Development Permit Application
Designating an Agent to Act on your Behalf
Fees for Permits and Development
Summerside Zoning Bylaw

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.