Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
Last item for navigation
Animal Roaming, Waste & Carcasses

Thank you for being a good citizen

The City of Summerside’s Animal Bylaw prohibits dogs and cats from roaming at large within the City without permission of the property owner. Any cat or dog caught off-leash and without permission may be impounded and the pet owner fined.

To report a loose dog or cat, please contact Summerside Police Services (902-432-1201). If the animal is wearing a licence and it is possible to read the information on the tag, Summerside Police Services can contact the owner directly. If the animal is not wearing a tag, the information will be passed on to one of our animal control officers.

To report a known cat or dog defecating on your property, please call Summerside Police Services (902-432-1201).

To report animal carcasses, please call Municipal Services (902-432-1268).

For more information, please contact:

Cm Cathy Arsenault
Summerside Police Services
[email protected]
Summerside Police Services, 270 Foundry St, Summerside, PE C1N 1G1

Related City Documents

City of Summerside Animal Control Bylaw 

Related External Links

PEI Humane Society

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.