Welcome to Summerside.ca โ€“ Official Site of the Municipal Government
Last item for navigation
Flooding, Drainage Issues or Sewage Back-Up

If you have a minor flood in your basement, you don’t necessarily have to inform the City. Click here for steps on what to check first before you contact us.

However, if you experience extreme flooding and draining issues or any sewage back-up,
please call 902-432-1268.

A City crew will come check the sewer main on your street for blockages. If a blockage is found, the crew will determine if the blockage is in the main line or in your service. 
  • If the blockage is in the main line, the City will clear the blockage at no cost to you.
  • If the blockage is in your service, you will be responsible for calling a plumber and the costs associated with clearing the blockage. (The City of Summerside is not responsible for the cost of a plumber in this case.)

For more information, please contact:

Owen MacDonald
[email protected]
City of Summerside, 275 Fitzroy Street, Summerside, PE  C1N 1H9

Related City Documents

Sewer Water in My Home!  (What to do guide)
Tips for Water Outage
How may we direct your call?

City of Summerside | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.